Gallery Nucleus Presents
SWEET STREETS II Guest-Curated by CARO
September 11, 2010 – October 04, 2010
Opening Reception: September 11, 2010 (7 pm – 11 pm)
Alhambra, CA – Gallery Nucleus and Caro are pleased to once again present the much anticipated art and fashion event Sweet Streets. Last year’s hugely successful event attracted hundreds of art and fashion enthusiasts.
This year, over 70 artists spanning the globe were invited to create 2D and 3D works where Japanese street fashions serves as the inspiration. This resulted in over 100 original works of art that are vibrant, exciting, playful, and diverse – evoking much the sentiments of those infamous Tokyo streets.
From delightful kawaii plush dolls to whimsical drawings and realistic paintings, there will surely be something to inspire everyone. Alongside artwork, attendees will be treated to an evening filled with fun activities and features. Including a fashion show by the sensational Japanese fashion brand 6%DOKIDOKI, music spun by Tune in Tokyo – featured in LA
Weekly’s 2010 People Issue, live model figure drawing, raffle drawings, free refreshments, food trucks and more.
Additionally, fashionistas can get their shopping on with featured pop-up shops by So So Happy, 6%DOKIDOKI, and Chubby Bunny Accessories, not to mention Nucleus’ own stock of unique Japanese art books and products.
Opening Night Features:
- Raffle drawing with prizes provided by SoSo Happy, Sugarpill, Bubblepunch, & more.
- Dj sets by Tune in Tokyo and Sebastian Masuda.
- Pop-up shops by So So Happy, 6%DOKIDOKI & Chubby Bunny Accessories.
- 6%DOKIDOKI fashion show.
- Live drawing session with 6%DOKIDOKI models and featuring Japanese artist EIMI live drawing.
- Free refreshments and snacks served.
- CoolHaus and Grilled Cheese Truck serving up the sweet and savory.
For more information, please see:
FEATURED ARTISTS: ( artists in attendance = * )
*Danni Shinya Luo
Harley + Boss (Nathan Jurevicius & Andrea Kang)
Stella Im Hultberg